PDA

View Full Version : Can't close programmes

Greg
19-02-2014, 10:18 PM
I've been trying several of the apps that come with Win8. They all open in full-screen mode. My problem is that none of them appear to have any exit option, so I've been having to shut the applications down in Task Manager. Any ideas please?

pcuser42
19-02-2014, 10:24 PM
Grab the top edge of the app with your mouse and pull it to the bottom of the screen.

wainuitech
20-02-2014, 06:56 AM
Grab the top edge of the app with your mouse and pull it to the bottom of the screen. Adding to that, the old tried and true keyboard shortcuts work as well.

Alt+F4

dugimodo
20-02-2014, 07:51 AM
MS don't think you need to close them, just push start and carry on :p
As well as the tips above, you can go back to the start screen and move your mouse to the top left corner to see what's running and switch to it or right click - close.
Recently they've said the start screen is intended for more casual users and is supposed to be simple, I guess hiding away simple functions like closing an app makes things easier?

Still if you stick with it and learn your way around windows 8 it does get easy and start to seem quite good. I'm a convert after a couple months of frustration.

Bryan
20-02-2014, 10:08 AM
I use the keyboard Windows button + the down arrow.

CliveM
20-02-2014, 12:06 PM

+1

Quickest and easiest option for me

FoxyMX
20-02-2014, 03:48 PM

Wow, that's a good one that I haven't come across before. Usually use ALT+F4.

Greg, if you troll back through the Windows 8 threads here (or do a search) you will find plenty of good tips. I had actually forgotten that I am running Win 8.1 now until I saw this thread as the Desktop is my default view and I very rarely go to the Start screen. In fact just now was the first time in a couple of weeks that I had seen the Start screen. :p