PDA

View Full Version : Problem signing into pressf1.

Bryan
17-02-2014, 11:41 AM
I'm running Win8.1.

Today, and only today, I keep getting a request to sign in or register even when I have done so. Why is that?

On the same PC I have a dual boot with WIN7 and I have no problem with that.

In Win 8.1 I have deleted my shortcut to pressf1 and then re- installed it but to no avail?

pctek
17-02-2014, 11:45 AM
It hasn't retained your login settings, check the settings in the browser on that PC.
Or cookies are being cleared....

Bryan
17-02-2014, 04:25 PM
Doesn't seem to be the problem. When I get the error coming up, if I "refresh" everything comes back to normal. Strange to me!

Jen
17-02-2014, 08:04 PM
Try accessing the forum with this link: http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz

Sign in and tick "remember me". See if that helps.

Bryan
17-02-2014, 08:23 PM
Thank you Jen. I will monitor it as is seems to work other than having to refresh, I seem to land on the last time I entered pressf1. By refreshing I get to the current state of play.

Bryan
25-02-2014, 06:54 AM
My problem seems to be a refresh timing issue between Pressf1 and my Win 8.1.

I still have to refresh after I sign in but also once I get into say CHAT and then refresh again when I get onto the topic.

Times are shown as the previous day and do not update automatically. On the same PC I also dual boot with Win 7 (occasionally) and have absolutely no problems. Having to refresh so often although a chore is no great problem but I would like to resolve it.

It would seem that the refresh of pressf1 and my Win 8.1 are not in sync.

Bryan
25-02-2014, 03:00 PM
Seems I made a change in IE to not allow the IE to check new web page updates, I had set the browsing history to Never instead of every-time I visit the web page.