PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Galaxy S2 how to unroot to factory settings?

micky
16-02-2014, 05:51 PM
I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-19100, which is currently rooted CyanangenMod Android version 4.4.2.
Is it possible to do a factory reset in the phone settings as the internal memory is full and I can't seem to clean it !
And I am having probs with my 32gb sd card after reformatting etc camera won't work
Your SD card is running out of space. Change the quality setting or delete some images or other files.
I have googled but there is a mirage of answers and theories which don't seem to get me any where!

Speedy Gonzales
16-02-2014, 07:35 PM
If you want the original rom you may have to find it somewhere then put it on the sd card. And reinstall it

dugimodo
16-02-2014, 10:05 PM
Who rooted it and put the custom ROM on? you can restore the stock ROM in pretty much the same way if you can find it online.
There should still be a way to reset the phone or clean out the memory whether stock or not though.

Chilling_Silence
17-02-2014, 01:37 PM
Flash the original ROM through Heimdall.

If you just want a factory reset while keeping current ROM, that can be done through the phone settings.

micky
18-02-2014, 09:29 AM
OK So I have gone back to stock firmware 4.1.2 but the internal memory is still full, surely there must be a way to free up some space as its telling me Not enough space. Delete unnecessary items. such as downloaded software, pictures,videos and documents

Speedy Gonzales
18-02-2014, 10:02 AM
Some phones havent got that much ram on them. You can uninstall some things but it'll still tell you it's full. I've got one here I think it's only got 150 mb which is bugger all. I cant install a lot of updates because of the crap internal ram. Unless I buy something with 4 GB on it.

micky
18-02-2014, 10:13 AM
Hi Speed

I think the onlhttp://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/attachment.php?attachmentid=5556&d=1392671535&thumb=1&stc=1y way is to go to back up and then go to file manager photo's and delete some as I have over 8gb there. And see how I go.

Speedy Gonzales
18-02-2014, 10:26 AM
You should uninstall them not delete them. I think youre getting confused between internal ram and space if you're using an sd card. Even if you install an SD card you'll run out of space. If its got stuff all internal ram

You can move SOME programs to an SD card. BUT not all programs support this. I think the Galaxy S2 has 1 GB internal ram.

Chilling_Silence
18-02-2014, 12:19 PM
Nah its got 8 or 16 AFAIk.