PDA

View Full Version : No Power

Clod
09-02-2014, 03:12 PM
Daughters built a computer but it appears to have no power when switched on ie nothing goes. What I cant find is the two tiny plugs to fit to the 2 power pins on the motherboard (hoping its something that simple but wishful thinking probably) the case is the coolermaster sniper b5. Anyone know where there hidden ?

Speedy Gonzales
09-02-2014, 03:41 PM
What's the mobo and what CPU is on it / what did she install?

There's 3 possible reasons it wont turn on

1. The CPU fan power isn't connected

2. The BIOS that's on it doesn't support the CPU that's on the mobo. If this is the case, you need a lower spec CPU then you'll have to flash the BIOS the reinstall the CPU that was installed.

3. The ATX 12v 4 pin connector from the PSU isn't connected. If this is the prob the 2x2 connectors should be on the PSU

You mean the mobo is the Gigabyte G1 Sniper B5 not the case? Can't see anything in Google relating to Coolmaster Sniper B5

Clod
09-02-2014, 04:13 PM
Yep sorry motherboard is the sniper, cpu is an intel i4670k, case is a coolermaster scout 2. I presume even if the monitors not connected the fans should go.

wainuitech
09-02-2014, 04:20 PM
Have you got the wires from the on button plugged in correctly to the Motherboard Header ? Easy to get them wrong then its a dead duck, till you preposition them .

If you cant find them, look harder, they will be there sometimes wires are tucked away when manufactured, simply locate the on button, then follow the wires till you get to the plugs.

You did remove the back cover ?? according this picture the wires are tucked in behind the panel then out.

http://techgage.com/reviews/cooler_master/storm_scout2/cms_05.jpg

Edited:
What I cant find is the two tiny plugs to fit to the 2 power pins on the motherboard Errrr If the power plugs aren't connected it wont go.

Speedy Gonzales
09-02-2014, 04:32 PM
Looks like you need a 2x4 / 8 pin connector from the PSU, for the ATX 12v connector on the mobo? It's 8 pins not 4. The BIOS SHOULD be ok. There's only 2 of them and the first / original should work with that CPU. If it's the I5-I4670K (3.4 Ghz)

Clod
09-02-2014, 05:14 PM
Success it goes !!! Power switch was in the wrong place. Talk about dumb. Thanks Speedy and Wainui much appreciated.

Speedy Gonzales
09-02-2014, 06:26 PM
Sweet !