PDA

View Full Version : (Blue screen) error occurred, pc stalled?

10-12-2001, 01:02 PM
COMPUTER FREZZES &
BLUE SCREEN APEARS & MESSAGE SAYS-

'A FATEL EXCEPTION HAS OCCURRED AT 0028:FF06B7D5'
..you will losse any unsaven work etc.. RESTART PC?

Then i have to turn the computer off as it just stalls & the Blue Screen apears??

I Produce music from my Pc the software I use is Propellerheads 'reason'.

I have a Pent3 comp & Im running Windows98/SE.
I've had reason running for x5 months now with no Problems intill lastnite.
every time I run reason error occures.

This has never happend before, now i cant run reason as this message occurres every time I play on reason & only on reason it occurres.

Before this happend,

I went to the windows update page (never again!)& I installed the following update:

'IDE HARD DRIVE CACHE PACKAGE'
This update does not have a unistall?

would this be the Problem or is it something alse??

any help & advise to get this Problem solved ASAP!
I would be grateful for any support.

Thank you.

10-12-2001, 03:21 PM
I use goback myself for the exact reason that you describe trying out new programs that cant or wont uninstall is very dangerous to the health of your pc.
Its especially important if you make a living off your pc and cant do without it.
Good luck fixing it
kiwibeat@hotmail.com

10-12-2001, 05:50 PM
...if the Propellerheads 'Reason' programme is the only one causing you grief - you might like to try uninstalling it and then doing a fresh reinstall.

Worth a try???

e_

10-12-2001, 06:36 PM
A hard drive cache will use memory. If your music programme was automatically set up to use all the memory available when it was installed, it might now be running (illegally) into a buffer used by the disk cache. This is the sort of thing which causes major errors/crashes.

If you can't find any way of turning off the disk cache, reinstalling your music programme might fix it.