PDA

View Full Version : Error code 0X80070570

curly
09-01-2014, 09:31 PM
Anyone tell me what the above error code may be about ?

I was upgrading my Vista computer to Windows 7, when it stopped,
displaying the above error code. It looked like the upgrade to win 7
was around 3/4 complete when it shut down.

Vista was 32 bit and I also used the win 7 32 bit disk. The upgrade
package was both new with seals untouched and the package sealed.

The serial number was contained in the pack.

Slankydudl
09-01-2014, 11:58 PM
run memtest, alot of people get this error and the most frequent problem seems to be memory.

curly
10-01-2014, 06:22 AM
run memtest, alot of people get this error and the most frequent problem seems to be memory.

Thanks for the heads up re memory problems. Got and ran memtest in the small hours of this morning :-), but no errors were found.

Looks like there is a missing or defective file in Windows Vista which caused Windows Vista to not upgrade to Windows 7.

Bryan
10-01-2014, 06:56 AM
Have a look at this http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/error-code-0x80070570/2a5db45b-c578-e011-9b4b-68b599b31bf5

curly
10-01-2014, 09:29 AM
Anyone tell me what the above error code may be about ?

I was upgrading my Vista computer to Windows 7, when it stopped,
displaying the above error code. It looked like the upgrade to win 7
was around 3/4 complete when it shut down.

Vista was 32 bit and I also used the win 7 32 bit disk. The upgrade
package was both new with seals untouched and the package sealed.

The serial number was contained in the pack.

Brain fade :-( I forgot to include the most important info ! When the update to Win 7
failed to finish, there was a brief message that the cause of the update failure maybe
have been caused by either a missing or damaged file.

Is there any way to check Win Vista files, looking for missing or damaged ones.

Bryan
10-01-2014, 09:47 AM
I would think that it has nothing to do with missing Vista files. The new Windows7 install is not relying on Vista at all other than it was there before you started the upgrade!

What version of Windows7 are you trying to install? Is it an upgrade and is it more powerful than the Vista install? If you are trying to install an upgrade you may find that is where the problem might be.

Are you able to use 64bit if 32bit doesn't work? Have you tried to re-run the install?

curly
10-01-2014, 04:37 PM
I would think that it has nothing to do with missing Vista files. The new Windows7 install is not relying on Vista at all other than it was there before you started the upgrade!

OK

What version of Windows7 are you trying to install? Is it an upgrade and is it more powerful than the Vista install? If you are trying to install an upgrade you may find that is where the problem might be.

Windows 7 Ultimate, yes it is an upgrade. What do you mean by "more powerful" ? Running MS Upgrade Advisor tells me the upgrade is OK to go.

Are you able to use 64bit if 32bit doesn't work? Have you tried to re-run the install? No, the computer system is 32 bit and no, I have not retried it yet as I am hoping to get some solid advise that will fix my problem. However later tonight I will try it again. Thanks for your help !

Speedy Gonzales
10-01-2014, 05:32 PM
If you've got more than 1 stick of ram, remove each one, then try updating to Win7. It looks like it can be related to faulty ram. How long did you run memtest for?

curly
10-01-2014, 06:29 PM
If you've got more than 1 stick of ram, remove each one, then try updating to Win7. It looks like it can be related to faulty ram. How long did you run memtest for?
Gidday Speedy, hope U had a great Xmas / New year, I feel a bit guilty as I left it running for around an hour, when I got back to it, it had shut down.

Its got 4 sticks of ram, tonight I will try the update with each stick one by one. Will report back with results. thanks for the assistance.

Speedy Gonzales
10-01-2014, 06:30 PM
Had a good but quiet Xmas. Hope yours was good :) No probs....

PPp
12-01-2014, 09:05 AM
Hi Curley, googled this site http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=177488 may be worth trying