PDA

View Full Version : Drivers for Windows XP

09-12-2001, 06:51 PM
One of the reasons why I recently purchased a new computer was the fact that I had become frustrated with the frequent crashes on my existing machine using Windows 98SE.

However, it seems that no drivers for Win XP are available for my Epson Stylus Colour 600 printer, or Epson GT-5000 scanner.

This meant that I have had to install Win 98 on the new machine.

I would have thought that a reputable company would have pointed out to their prospective customers that the availability of drivers for their ancillary hardware should be checked, before purchasing a machine with Win XP installed.

However, perhaps I am naive to think that this should take precedence over the alternative of the possible loss of a sale.

'Caveat Emptor'(Let The Buyer Beware) certainly was appropriate in this case, and presumably others. It seems I shall just have to control my frustration until the relevant drivers do become available, unless someone knows of alternative drivers that may suit (Epson doesn't.)

Anyway, I thought it worth while to publicise this experience in the hope that it might save someone else from duplicating it.

09-12-2001, 07:50 PM
hi Bob,
did you try the NT4 driver under XP?

09-12-2001, 09:36 PM
I have an epson 600 working using the windows xp drivers supplied by ms in win xp