PDA

View Full Version : Maximised windows on 3rd monitor don't use all space

supersi
08-12-2013, 03:29 PM
I'm running 3 extended monitors (2 x 1 graphics card and 1 x1 graphics card) - Windows 7 & AMD Catalyst.
Non-identical 24" Monitors 1 & 2 (left and centre) use all the screen space, my non-identical 23" monitor 3 does not let maximised windows use all the useable space on the monitor. I'd say there's an inch of unused space running around the window border.
How do i fix this?

pcuser42
08-12-2013, 03:30 PM
Does the wallpaper show in the unused space or is it just black?

SolMiester
08-12-2013, 05:31 PM
I'm running 3 extended monitors (2 x 1 graphics card and 1 x1 graphics card) - Windows 7 & AMD Catalyst.
Non-identical 24" Monitors 1 & 2 (left and centre) use all the screen space, my non-identical 23" monitor 3 does not let maximised windows use all the useable space on the monitor. I'd say there's an inch of unused space running around the window border.
How do i fix this?

I would check device manager for correct monitor driver, check for auto correction on monitor to start off. Have you restarted the PC since initial connection?

dugimodo
08-12-2013, 08:29 PM
Check catalyst control centre under my digital flat panels for scaling options and try the slider. On mine it defaults 10% underscan but needs to be 0% at the other end of the slider, pretty sure you can do this for each screen individually as needed.

Agent_24
10-12-2013, 07:04 PM
You are using 2 different video cards at once? Maybe there is some incompatibility problem between them.

Do you have latest drivers for both?