PDA

View Full Version : Moving open windows across 3 monitors

supersi
08-12-2013, 02:21 PM
I'm running 3 extended monitors (2 x 1 graphics card and 1 x1 graphics card) - Windows 7 & AMD Catalyst.
Monitors 1 & 2 (left and centre) sit on my work desk, monitor 3 (right) sits at another desk behind and facing away from my 2 monitor work desk.
How can I drag windows back from the 3rd monitor without leaving my work desk or throwing my cursor blindly across, clicking and dragging hoping to get the window?

SolMiester
08-12-2013, 04:36 PM
So, the 3rd panel is facing away?, personal I would make that panle a clone of either of those that you half facing you. So clone 1 & 3, and extend to 2. That way you have whatever is on your primary cloned to the panel facing away and you get to extend to the other panel for real estate.

dugimodo
08-12-2013, 07:26 PM
Hover over the tab on the task bar until a small window appears, move onto that and right click and select move, then push the left arrow once and move your mouse left (or right right if it's on the other side).
If move isn't an option chose restore then repeat as above.

I learnt this because I have dual monitors and sometimes one of them is not available but windows still tries to use it.

Digby
10-12-2013, 06:26 AM
I have 2 monitors on 1 card.
I don't know if this helps but I use the Windows Key and then an arrow key.

wratterus
10-12-2013, 07:59 AM
Display fusion