PDA

View Full Version : Uninstalling Outlook Express and Microsoft Outlook

08-12-2001, 08:51 PM
I have been sussing out various email programmes and have settled on one other than the two traditional programmes, Outlook Express and Microsoft Outlook both of which are currently installed on my puter. My question is: Can Outlook Express be uninstalled even though it was packaged with IE 6 and secondly, is there a way to uninstal Outlook that is packaged with MS Office 2000.
I have tried the latter by going to start/Control panel/Add Remove Programmes but the option to uninstal is not forthcoming there. Thanks

08-12-2001, 09:12 PM
I dont think you can but Its always handy to have both as only Outlook express has a news service for news groups something Outlook dosent have and I dont know why?

==Orac==

09-12-2001, 01:21 AM
i have ie6 and office2k and there was an entry in the add/remove to get rid of one of the outlooks.

i use forte agent for the news groups.

09-12-2001, 01:20 PM
hi Orac,

Ms want you to run an Exchange server with a NNTP feed into the public folders for newsgroups. That is why they have never included this feature in Outlook.

09-12-2001, 05:09 PM
You can uninstall both OE6 and MS Outlook 2000.

To remove OE6 there should just be an option in Add/Remove programs for OE6, (there is on my computer) or else you could try the IE6 uninstall and see if there's an option in there to remove it.

To remove Outlook 2000, start the Office 2000 installer (either by inserting the Office 2000 CD, or selecting Office 2000 from the Add/Remove programs. Once the installer has started, there should be three options:

Repair office

Add/Remove Features

Remove Office

Click on the button for Add/Remove features, and go through the list there and click on the down arrow next to Outlook, and click on Not Available. Then click on Install, and it will remove Outlook for you.

Hope this helps,

Mike.

09-12-2001, 05:36 PM
Thanks Mike...yes I have found it with your help.