PDA

View Full Version : CD-R Disk Reccomendation

08-12-2001, 08:20 PM
Ive recently purchased a CD- writer and i'm wondering if someone can tell me what cd-r disks i should use? Ive read somewhere that some brands(article was not specific)are only good 4 coasters or turn into coasters after a short period of use. So can someone please recommend to me a good reliable brand and at what price i should be paying for them.

08-12-2001, 08:34 PM
CD writers can be very fussy
Start with the name brands ie
Sony Kodak Verbatium and only use what works for you...Personally I use only Verbatium but thats me..Id rather pay a wee bit more for something I know works than be disapointed later for a few bucks less..

==Orac==

08-12-2001, 08:40 PM
I have been using Sony CD-R 650 mb discs from our local New World supermarket at $1.49 each. I get SKC 700 mb discs there for $2.99 - if needed for copying overburned CD's.

No coasters yet. Go New World!! lol

Jester

08-12-2001, 09:01 PM
Using an HP USB External for over 2 years now I have tried all the big name brands and settled on the el cheapo Transonic from the warehouse.
$20 for 20 700mb CDs. They have given me very little trouble compared to the expensive brand name ones, I estimate 1/2 doz. failures out of a couple of hundred burns. It is just a matter of trying different brands until your writer finds one it likes.

08-12-2001, 10:58 PM
Verbatims work for me though I have also had a good run from Sony. Kodak has not worked for me, no errors in writing or afterwards with either compared to the high failure rate I had with Kodak which I tried early on. Find a brand that works for you and go with it. Depends on where you live but Chch, verbatims can be as low as $14 box of 10 or $20 box of 10 of 700mb disks.

08-12-2001, 11:02 PM
Verabtims can be had for $15 for a box of 10 700MB in Christchurch, I've also seen Sony 700MB at the same price.

JM

08-12-2001, 11:26 PM
At first, you just need to try the various brands of media, and see which ones give you the lowest error rate.

Don't be fooled by high prices: Many brands of CDr's are actually made at the same factory.

try www.cdmediaworld.com

09-12-2001, 01:10 AM
Owned a cd writer for 4 years now and tried all sort of cds. but in my experience i suggest u not to buy the samsung brands because all the samsung cd's that i burnt a few years ago is now all unreadable.