PDA

View Full Version : Second or Sub Address Book in Outlook?

Winston001
27-11-2013, 10:19 PM
Guys forgive me but I'm baffled.

I used to use Outlook Express but migrated to Outlook 2003 a couple of years ago because OE froze and crashed a few times too many.

In OE it was possible to set up a sub-address book which is where I stored those select people with whom I exchanged jokes. And family etc. I could pick and choose recipients from the sub accounts.

But I'm darned if I can find that option in Outlook despite googling and trying quite a few times. The account I did set up was a one click all or nothing - no ability to select specific addressees.

28-11-2013, 09:01 AM
Are you sure you want to sent bulk jokes out.
I'd bet some of the people you send to will be getting p*ssed off with them . All often get questions re wanting to know how to stop these bulk jokes coming
through, many simply arnt interested. They end up having to add the sender to the spam/junk filter
- I allways recommend that joke email NEVER be opened or read. This is one of the ways of picking up viruses.

but anyway...
hard to describe it , but its do-able . You may need to google some of this to see what it looks like , & what you need to click.
- in the LHS : folder list option(at the bottom)
- LHS - in the list : right click contacts : add a new folder
this will make a subfolder under contacts
done

Winston001
29-11-2013, 10:05 PM
Thanks 1101. I don't send out bulk emails. There are about 12 people who occasionally send me jokes so I like to reciprocate. However I like to exercise some discretion and remove people who have already seen the joke or it's something appeal that won't appeal.