PDA

View Full Version : Firefox to Google Chrome

ianhnz
25-11-2013, 09:55 PM
I'm wanting to transfer my saved data, including log in and password details, from my Firefox to Google Chrome.

I've managed to transfer Bookmarks, but not log in and passwords.

Can someone please advise, in small and easy to understand words, please.

:thanks

Ian

wainuitech
25-11-2013, 10:14 PM
Try this How-To-Import-Bookmarks-And-Settings-To-Google-Chrome (http://browsers.about.com/od/googlechrome/ss/How-To-Import-Bookmarks-And-Settings-To-Google-Chrome_2.htm) -- click the numbers 3 & 4 to see next steps.

Note: where it shows IE, if you have Firefox or any other browser the dropdown box gives options.

ianhnz
26-11-2013, 08:40 AM
Try this How-To-Import-Bookmarks-And-Settings-To-Google-Chrome (http://browsers.about.com/od/googlechrome/ss/How-To-Import-Bookmarks-And-Settings-To-Google-Chrome_2.htm) -- click the numbers 3 & 4 to see next steps.

Note: where it shows IE, if you have Firefox or any other browser the dropdown box gives options.

Thank you.

That worked.

Now, next trick is to make Chrome my default ???

wainuitech
26-11-2013, 08:48 AM
Click on the 3 Bars top right, settings, near the bottom is a button to make it the default.

Note: I'm using Iron Browser, - thats a Chrome variant.

ianhnz
26-11-2013, 09:47 AM
Click on the 3 Bars top right, settings, near the bottom is a button to make it the default.

Note: I'm using Iron Browser, - thats a Chrome variant.

Yes, I clicked on the email link and it brings up Chrome.

I think we done and dusted, for now.

Ian

Greg
26-11-2013, 01:35 PM
Note: I'm using Iron Browser, - thats a Chrome variant.Me too. But do you notice that some websites don't render properly? Of course I use multiple browsers but Iron is problematic. It kinda defies usual Germanic efficiency.

wainuitech
26-11-2013, 01:54 PM
Me too. But do you notice that some websites don't render properly? Of course I use multiple browsers but Iron is problematic. It kinda defies usual Germanic efficiency. Never really noticed that much to tell you the truth. I do check regularly for an newer stable versions Via their forums and install when available.

ianhnz
26-11-2013, 02:58 PM
Never really noticed that much to tell you the truth. I do check regularly for an newer stable versions Via their forums and install when available.

I've used Firefox, since it was called Mozilla, Aurora and sometimes, only when I have to IE.

I've been having ongoing problems with Mozilla and Aurora, with websites taking a long time to load up.

Found on IE was okay, so tried Chrome and they both okay.

Thanks for the help. :2cents::2cents:

Ian