PDA

View Full Version : Skydrive question

Nomad
25-11-2013, 11:30 AM
Hi all - re: Skydrive it adds a link under "favourites". In order to sync the files locally and online can it automatically sync say "My Documents" folder or do I have to manually drag it to the SkyDrive favourites link each time (or alternatively work everything off the cloud drive)?

Thanks all .. .:)

Nomad
25-11-2013, 11:37 AM
Edit - I had a look at the right hand side notifications under SkyDrive - Settings. I can only select all the SkyDrive folders (as under favourties) or I can select specific folders again under SkyDrive folders. Can I not select specific folders on my hard drive to sync it to the cloud?

pcuser42
25-11-2013, 11:48 AM
Hi all - re: Skydrive it adds a link under "favourites". In order to sync the files locally and online can it automatically sync say "My Documents" folder

No, but you can simply use your SkyDrive documents folder as your documents folder instead - just edit the Documents library :)

Can I not select specific folders on my hard drive to sync it to the cloud?

Unfortunately not.

wainuitech
25-11-2013, 12:19 PM
You sure Can - :) You can do it manually, OR one simple way is to download Skyshell, install it, then right click the folder you want to sync, - Sync To Skydrive, you'll see the skydrive syncing instantly .

After that anything thats altered in that selected folder will auto sync.

You can download Skyshell from sync_any_folder_to_your_skydrive_account (http://www.pcworld.com/article/257173/sync_any_folder_to_your_skydrive_account.html)

wainuitech
25-11-2013, 12:30 PM
Just adding to above: But on saying that I actually move any folders into the Skydrive folder then create links to them, as sometimes its not instant with Skyshell.

Nomad
25-11-2013, 12:54 PM
Thanks all :)