PDA

View Full Version : Missing Video Download Sub-titles

garyasta
19-11-2013, 11:25 AM
I have downloaded a few online videos and find that the videos displayed on a streaming website (showing sub-titles), do not display the sub-titles on the downloaded copy.

I have tried varios Aspect Ratios in case the sub-titles were cut off at the bottom of the screen, but to no availe.

Any ideas?

SanChippy
19-11-2013, 02:28 PM
I know that in VLC (If you are using it) that there is an option to force the position of subtitles (as long as they have been "soft-subbed" apparently).
To do this go Tools>Preferences>Subtitles and OSD, then under subtitle effects look for "Force Subtitle Position", and change the value to something like 500 px (to test it).
Exit VLC, then open up whatever media and see if the subtitles have shifted.
If they are in the centre of the screen - or somewhere near there, it probably means that it has shifted the subtitles up 500 px or whatever value you put in.
Just keep changing that value, exiting re-opening and such till they seem to be in the right place.

BTW, are these videos legal? へっへ

Terry Porritt
19-11-2013, 04:02 PM
Could also be the subtitles are/were in separate .srt files on the streaming website, if so, you would need to find the subtitle files. There are sites where you can download subtitles, also utilities to enable them to be added permanently to a video.

Google may be your friend here. :thumbs: