PDA

View Full Version : Can't download iTunes with Firefox

bk T
15-11-2013, 11:07 AM
I can't download iTunes with Firefox (ver 25.0). The download opens, when I click 'save', the windows closed but nothing happens.

IE downloads OK. It's F'fox problem or Apple's?

wainuitech
15-11-2013, 11:38 AM
Did you check the download folder ?

FF changed the download indicator a few versions back. Just tried it on iTunes and it downloaded fine, after clicking Save- it looks like it doesn't do anything, when in fact it is - have a look top right there should be the progress bar and down facing arrow once completed. ( See Pic below) Are you getting that ?

bk T
15-11-2013, 11:57 AM
My Ffox is set to 'Always ask me where to save files'. Anyway, checked the download folder (previous location) and download progress bar - 'show all downloads', no iTunes setup file shown but all my previous downloaded files were shown.

Tried it on another PC running Win7 with same results.

Both machines have Adblock Plus installed and MSSE.

wainuitech
15-11-2013, 12:15 PM
Disable adblock Plus, that may be causing the problem.

bk T
15-11-2013, 12:34 PM
Disabled adblock still doesn't help.

Anyway, have downloaded with IE. just curious to know why FF couldn't do it?

bk T
15-11-2013, 08:55 PM
Just out of curiosity, I tried Ctrl+F5, and then clicked the iTunes download button and it opens the download folder where I can select my folder location.

Could someone enlighten me on the above?

Thanks

wainuitech
15-11-2013, 09:05 PM
Ctrl+F5 according to FF = Reload (override cache).

If you are not getting the option as "where to save" normally,check the settings, it may for some silly reason have relocated to a folder/ place that's not accessible.