PDA

View Full Version : Icon name fonts

Sapperbro
10-11-2013, 08:19 PM
Fine tweaking my lap top to run with a large monitor while at home. Have some files on my desktop as shortcut icons for easy access. However the font for the file name is in fine Arial type font and is black making the file hard to read on a blue background. My main computer shows the font in white making it easy to read. How do I change the font colour/style from black to white? I am using Win 7. Appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

Jen
10-11-2013, 08:32 PM
Why not change your desktop wallpaper to something light in colour to provide better contrast?

wainuitech
10-11-2013, 08:54 PM
Do you have some sort of Theme installed ?

By default the text colour should be white.

Have a read of the following page: tutorials/1175-fonts-change (http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1175-fonts-change.html) That will point you in the direction to where you can change options. Some items will have the colour option greyed out.

There are reg files down the page to set the items back to defaults, NO IDEA if they work or not, so USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Paul.Cov
10-11-2013, 08:54 PM
It'll be in the desktop properties somewhere, depending on your particular version of Windows. Or look for a "Themes" option.