PDA

View Full Version : ESET NOD32 recommendation

SP8's
26-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Hi peoples

I think it's wainui that recommends NOD32 as the best paid Antivirus. Did scans with MSSE, Malwarebytes, SAS and Spybot ... all up to date.

Did an online scan with NOD32 and it found 7 "nasties" which the others never picked up ... I'm now going to purchase, however, I'd like some advice as to whether the "Smart Security" is worth the $15 more than standard NOD32. Not that $15 would brake the bank, just curious.

I'd also like to know whether either of these conflict with MB, SAS, SB ... which one(s) to remove if they do.

I assume both NOD32 and Smart Security give "real-time" protection although can't seem to find info about that either.

Cheers
SP8's

pctek
26-10-2013, 01:32 PM
I'm now going to purchase, however, I'd like some advice as to whether the "Smart Security" is worth the $15 more than standard NOD32.

I'd also like to know whether either of these conflict with MB, SAS, SB ... which one(s) to remove if they do.

Forget Smart Security, just the antivirus itself is what you want. No it doesn't conflict with any of the antispywares....different product....

wainuitech
26-10-2013, 02:13 PM
Forget Smart Security, just the antivirus itself is what you want. No it doesn't conflict with any of the antispywares....different product....:thumbs:

Yep all those work fine.

Once you have installed it theres a few things I do, I set a couple of its options to work better than the default. As well as setup a weekly scan.

If its of any help, I 'll do a quick video of the setting. ( pictures take more time ) ;)

Chilling_Silence
26-10-2013, 02:23 PM
I'm with pctek, just get the AV... But yeah it's *the best*! Glad it's helped you out already :D

wainuitech
26-10-2013, 03:44 PM
Just for the hell of it, heres the setting I change. Many people leave it "As is" it works OK that way, but these are just a few of the basic ones, that makes it work better.

There was me yacking till I found out the Mic wasn't plugged in DOHHHHHH. ( just as well because the dog started barking at someone outside half way through ) :D

Open Nod32:

Its a 2 min something clip, BTW, I'm doing these settings slowly, normally its a lot faster ;) :p

Heres a Youtube Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjYZysWnTWg&feature=youtu.be) - you may have to increase the video sizing on the controls, their default size is rubbish on some browsers :yuck:

SP8's
26-10-2013, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the advice ... pctek & Chill ... Wainui, I'll download it later and watch the video ...

Cheers

PPp
26-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the advice ... pctek & Chill ... Wainui, I'll download it later and watch the video ...

Cheers

Sorry Wainiu vid is wwwaaaayyyy too fasst for me. can you give me that in txt I got to: setup,computer, real time system protection,setup, configure, and got lost after that. anything shorter than 5 secs does not exist at my age, my kids get frustrated, but my grandson understands completly!!

wainuitech
26-10-2013, 08:31 PM
Sorry Wainiu vid is wwwaaaayyyy too fasst for me. can you give me that in txt I got to: setup,computer, real time system protection,setup, configure, and got lost after that. anything shorter than 5 secs does not exist at my age, my kids get frustrated, but my grandson understands completly!! I'll see if I can get around to doing it over the weekend.

PPp
26-10-2013, 09:50 PM
Thank you

pctek
27-10-2013, 06:25 AM
The main thing to do is set up an automatic weekly scan, it doesn't have that by default.

Go into scheduler, select ADD, change it to on demand scan, select day, time etc and then tick which partitions/drives to scan.
Pretty much all except any DVD drives... :-)

The rest...I'll leave that for Wanuitech....but the important one is to add the scheduled scan...