PDA

View Full Version : Firefox posing problems

mdRASHIDkhi
22-10-2013, 12:22 PM
Hi,
I've a few issues to discuss with you here. One, the browser Firefox is not opening couple of sites but showing only blank page. Second, I have this problem (image attached) while accessing a few subpages of a website. Please help me understand and solve these two problems.
Regards,
Rashid

mdRASHIDkhi
22-10-2013, 12:38 PM
Oh, there's another problem. Even on this page all elements don't download completely, as shown in the image attached.

Speedy Gonzales
22-10-2013, 01:16 PM
Try the bottom answer here for the 1st post (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/962913). Or here (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/951421). Are you using FF 20??

If you are, that maybe the cause according to the 2nd link

mdRASHIDkhi
22-10-2013, 06:56 PM
Gonzales, I am using Firefox 19! I've followed the instructions: (1) Check "No Proxy" (which has increased the speed of browsing significantly though!), and (2) Uncheck "Use TLS 1.0", to no avail! And you didn't explain the problem I mentioned in the 2nd post, some elements missing.

Speedy Gonzales
22-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Update it its up to 24 now

mzee
22-10-2013, 08:35 PM
Use Google Chrome!

mdRASHIDkhi
22-10-2013, 10:02 PM
But Google Chrome uses too much system resources and slows it down. Gonzales, do you think I won't face other problems if I update browser to 24? I am using Windows XP SP3.

Speedy Gonzales
22-10-2013, 10:10 PM
Well it might fix the prob youre having now

mdRASHIDkhi
22-10-2013, 10:45 PM
I actually have this problem with Internet Explorer as well. There I tried to open wordpress.com site and it showed blank page only. Wonder what's wrong with my system, network, or browser. I know this is a very petty issue and none would be interested but right now I am just curious to know why this is happening to me. :confused:

mdRASHIDkhi
22-10-2013, 10:47 PM
I have Malwarebytes as the only antivirus to protect my system. Do you think it might be due to this?

Speedy Gonzales
22-10-2013, 10:59 PM
Well malwarebytes isn't really an AV program. Is it registered?? If it is, disable its real time scanning. See if it makes a diff

mdRASHIDkhi
23-10-2013, 03:16 AM
This has become a serious issue for me, Gonzales. I hope you understand. I don't see Google Ads on all sites and some most popular websites like wordpress.com doesn't open and only blank page appears. I have uninstalled Malwarebytes under the impression that it might have blocked a few things to download for security reason. Yes, I had registered version. But it didn't work either. Now I have no antivirus although I have decided to install avast!. Please do some research for me and explain why: (1) Some sites which previously opened easily cannot be downloaded and instead only blank page appears. (2) On all sites (even yours), no ads (Google or otherwise) are shown. I remember that couple of days ago while surfing the net I downloaded and installed this program mindlessly. [https://www.somevisits.com/answer=6566.aspx] Do you think this software caused all this problem?

Oh, I forgot to tell you that I have updated my browser to latest version (24) on your suggestion. And I also Reset Firefox. But the problem persists. Net speed is okay, but some sites are giving problems. I have following Plug-ins installed. Maybe it will help you understand this issue.

Windows Presentation Foundation
Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library
Shockwave Flash
QuickTime Plug-in
Microsoft DRM (DRM Netscape Network Object)
Microsoft DRM (DRM Store Netscape Plugin)
Adobe Acrobat

Speedy Gonzales
23-10-2013, 07:48 AM
Uninstall firefox, delete its folders then reinstall it. See if that fixes it

linw
23-10-2013, 08:27 AM
google somevisits. Looks damned suspicious to me. Uninstall it (if it will let you!).