PDA

View Full Version : NOD32 Product update error.

beetle
18-10-2013, 06:50 PM
for the last 2 days i have tried to update the new pc Phoenix. - win 7.
now its also telling me virus sig database is also got an error. its has done multiple scans both as manually started and automatic set ones, and it is all ok. takes an awful long time, but is now all good. just cant update :(

so i have done ccleaner, superanti spyware, and malwarebytes, as a precaution but still cant update, cant find the download spot to delete updates and have a clean download.......

what am i doing wrong or where do i look?
peach has updated just fine.
but alas phoenix is not being helpful.

should i uninstall complete program and download a fresh program ?

:badpc:

:illogical

thanks

wainuitech
18-10-2013, 08:11 PM
Had similar today with smart security on a workshop PC -- Open the control Panel, programs and features, Locate Eset Nod32, hightlight it - Click change ( up top of window) , there will pop up to remove, Next then an option to repair or remove Nod32 , Click REPAIR, run that, it runs through and attempts to repair its self.

beetle
18-10-2013, 08:43 PM
Ok tried that. comes up with fatal error, and seems to not know where the file is?

will try again............

wainuitech
18-10-2013, 09:22 PM
Do you still have the licence codes ? if so uninstall and then re install it.

beetle
18-10-2013, 09:28 PM
have uninstalled it............ it keep doing the same thing and said not possible to use either of the file directions it showed.
still got email with details, it is asking do i need 32 bit or 64 bit?

i checked emails before i decided to uninstall.............

downloads list said it had tried 24 times to install today ? nutted in the head

ronyville
18-10-2013, 09:30 PM
I have had similar issues as well... just needed to clear the cache. Follow the instructions in the link below

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2850

beetle
18-10-2013, 09:40 PM
Installed and updated, and all good to go, i had already uninstalled it before you posted Rony so couldnt try your fix. if i have any more probs ill deffinitly try that.

and Thanks Wainui :) again :)

fixed..............:D