PDA

View Full Version : Need App (Android) Free to text ??

AppleFan
09-10-2013, 09:03 PM
Hey everyone , for the past days have been looking at android app store ,which is Google play store , sometimes I run out of credit and figured out I need a app to make at least free texts . Also recently I got message from a person overseas , so I would appreciate if any of you know of a app that's free to use , most I have downloaded requires other person to have same app but the person has got a very simple mobile like less than $100 , so the person hasn't got android or ios . So please help , by the way the person lives in pacific islands . so that's why I need one .

pcuser42
09-10-2013, 09:13 PM
but the person has got a very simple mobile like less than $100

Facebook or the like might be your only option, which isn't really texting.

AppleFan
09-10-2013, 09:23 PM
hasn't got facebook,so don't I

Webdevguy
10-10-2013, 09:04 AM
Not sure if the Android store would have it but if they do, WhatsApp Messenger lets you text anywhere in the world or send pics and video for free :)

Chilling_Silence
10-10-2013, 09:25 AM
WhatsApp and Facebook require smartphones (Though Facebook does have WAP access AFAIK), so those are out.

No, you basically just need to get credit. Most "Send free SMS" things were phased out after spammers abused them.

AppleFan
10-10-2013, 10:26 AM
hey thanks for your suggestions and help , i have somehow managed to text the person , thanks to my ipod touch . Not sure if the person really got it thought , but yeah site has said "message is been sent " . Thanks once again

AppleFan
10-10-2013, 10:29 AM
Most "Send free SMS" things were phased out after spammers abused them.[/QUOTE]

Totally agreed = spammers are the main reason