PDA

View Full Version : Graphics card problem

07-12-2001, 06:57 PM
Upon installing a new graphics card I have run into afew problems.
Card out TNT 2 Ultra , Card in GE Force 2 M X400.
After some dificulties with screen resolution etc The sreen has gone black.When booting up the start up sequenc etc comes up ok so the screen is alright.HELP!!!!???? please .

07-12-2001, 07:29 PM
Yeah I am having the sameproblem with my GeForce2 MX 200 32MB, I also have windows XP..can that be the prob.I am having the same symptomsas the gentleman above!

07-12-2001, 07:30 PM
What OS are you using?

Can you start in safe mode?

It sounds like you have the wrong settings in display/properties/adapter

You may not have installed the driver properly, check in device manager in safe mode if you can.

07-12-2001, 08:14 PM
Did you change your video drivers back to default before you installed the new video card? Sometimes you need to do this so that Windows can realise there's a new card and install the new drivers for it, otherwise it may be trying to load drivers for the old card, and they're not working.

Perhaps trying putting the old card back in and changing the settings to default - 256 color, 640x480 res, and standard VGA adapter. Then install the new card, and its drivers.

Mike

07-12-2001, 09:10 PM
Maybe way off the beat here. But when you start your machine and the graphics card info comes up on the screen does it happen to say anything about an 'enginering Bios'?

==Orac==