PDA

View Full Version : Realtek Ac97 driver

PeterE
23-09-2013, 06:27 PM
Suddenly now I am getting "no audio device detected" after being able to play audio previously.

I think I need a new Realtek Ac97 Sound driver.

Are they available free online without signing my life away, please?

If so, where?
TIA, Peter.

WinXp, SP3.

wainuitech
23-09-2013, 06:33 PM
There are several available, and you need the correct one.

Its best to go to the motherboard Or sound card ( if its a separate card) manufactures site and download from there.

What is the motherboard in the computer, or make/model of the Computer ?

If its only happened overnight, try running system restore back to before it was lost.

Failing the correct driver or system restore not working its also possible there has been a hardware failure.

autechre
24-09-2013, 12:05 PM
Realtek (http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=23&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false) has AC97 drivers available on their site.

However, if it's just randomly disappeared, then there may be some other issue with your PC. Is the audio device still listed in Device Manager?

PeterE
01-10-2013, 09:15 PM
Sorry for the delay in my reply.

I have now discovered the MB BIOS is a: 'Award (07/23/04)' and the name is an

'ECS 741GX-M (3PCI, 1APG, 1 CNR, 2 DDR DMMJ, Audio, Video, LAN)'

The Audio Adapter is listed as: 'SS 7012 Audio Device'

Speedy Gonzales
01-10-2013, 09:58 PM
This looks like the mobo. (http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product/Product_Detail.aspx?DetailID=422&MenuID=1&LanID=0) But I don't think it uses SIS audio drivers

If the SIS drivers are installed, uninstall them first. I would say that's why it doesn't work, they're the wrong drivers

Before you install these drivers, do you know what the revision of the mobo is??

Agent_24
02-10-2013, 02:53 PM
It uses the Realtek ALC655 - my first try would be the drivers that autechre posted

PeterE
29-10-2013, 11:34 AM
Thank you all, especially autechre for your help.

I finally took the plunge and updated the driver (my first!).

All going well now, thanks again. P.