PDA

View Full Version : Clicking noise when gaming

ChazTheGeek
13-09-2013, 01:04 PM
I get this horrible clicking noise coming out of my headset when I play Fallout 3 (when I enter Megaton. Doesn't happen in the wasteland) or Fallout New Vegas (When I enter that hotel with the roller coaster in Prim) . Age of Empires 3 does the same thing. No other games seem to do it.

It's probably my GPU as it already has coil whine. I just ignore that. But the clicking is intolerable. :badpc::mad:

I use Razer Kraken headphones and the Razer Surround drivers. No difference made when I switch back to Realtek audio drivers.
No sound card.
I'm using a Corsiar CX 750 PSU. (I thought I'd better mention that because I've heard that PSU's can cause similar problems)

Please help. Thanks.:)

DeSade
13-09-2013, 01:13 PM
Well I can tell you its not a game sound, I am very familiar with those games and locations.
Do you hear it when you have the sound going through speakers rather than headphones?

ChazTheGeek
13-09-2013, 01:20 PM
I don't use speakers. But I could try some old speakers I have lying around.

dugimodo
13-09-2013, 03:45 PM
USB headset or using the analog line out ?. I have a wireless logitech USB headset that will not work properly on one particular PC and I'm thinking it's a USB problem.
Might start a thread on that at some point actually.

ChazTheGeek
13-09-2013, 04:11 PM
Just a analog headset. Plugging in the speakers didn't make any difference either.

DeSade
13-09-2013, 05:14 PM
So just to be clear, you hear the clicking through the speakers also?

ChazTheGeek
13-09-2013, 06:07 PM
Also muting the computer removes the clicking. All I can here is the quite static noise from the GPU.

DeSade
13-09-2013, 07:17 PM
Ok so its not the headphones cause speakers cause the same sound.
Its not a computer sound as muting the sound removes it so it is coming from sound generated in the machine and running through the sound drivers.

Based on this its almost certainly a driver issue
Probably the way the sound driver is working with the sound coding for the individual games rather than a overall issue, might not be something you can fix.
I had a similar problem in Diablo2, made the game unplayable and no one could fix it.

Since you have tried most driver fixes already, I think you might be SOL.

ChazTheGeek
13-09-2013, 07:40 PM
It never used to happen either.

wainuitech
13-09-2013, 07:53 PM
Is the head set plugged into the front or rear speaker socket, if its the front try just the rear or visa versa.

ChazTheGeek
13-09-2013, 08:24 PM
Will give it a go.

ChazTheGeek
14-09-2013, 01:45 PM
Plugging the headset in the front analog jack makes no difference. :(