PDA

View Full Version : video cards-games

07-12-2001, 12:10 AM
hi i have a dual boot win98-xp with 384 ram and am having probs getting games to work recently on 98.directx tells me the vid card does not have the hardware to support it and to enable hardware accelerator or update the driver.my card is an ati rage mobility and im trying to install need for speed 3.On directx the 3d accelerator is grayed out and ati is having probs taking drivers.could i have lost some dll files? also my modem on xp will not work it is an external dynalink v1456vqe .Please help my boys are driving me as nutty as my system.

07-12-2001, 10:37 AM
hi Dave,

you will need to visit the site of the manufacturer of your computer to get drivers for the video adapter. This is because ATI don't release generic drivers for that chipset. The video adapter may not actually support 3d acceleration however. You may be able to run NFS3 in software graphics mode, but it won't look pretty, or go very fast. Try running 'dxdiag' under xp to see if it's drivers support D3D. If you have an external modem the XP Generic 56k Modem driver should run it fine.