PDA

View Full Version : battery issue ???

AppleFan
30-08-2013, 08:28 PM
Hi got a hp laptop , i have been noticing this from a while , so thought to ask for help . The problem is when it is full charge to 100% , when i shut down and later turn it on , it goes to about 98 , 94 pretty faster . Thats on boot up . I wonder whats the cause , the brightness is normal on Power Saver not Hp Recommended . Any suggestion what to do

pcuser42
30-08-2013, 08:35 PM
Definitely sounds like the battery's had it. Time for a new one.

Agent_24
06-09-2013, 03:15 PM
How old is the laptop? If its brand new you might have a faulty battery. If the laptop is a few years old the battery is probably just old and wearing out.

Billy T
08-09-2013, 11:44 PM
The problem is when it is full charge to 100%, when I shut down and later turn it on, it goes to about 98, 94 pretty fast. Thats on boot up.

That sounds pretty normal, the top/float charge is sucked up by the demands of the boot processes etc. What matters more is how fast it drops from 90%. If you get normal usage duration on a full charge that is all that matters, not the percentages. Batteries are like humans, they start dying from the day they are made, so how fast you use up your allocated time (battery or life) is up to you.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

straka01
09-09-2013, 08:20 AM
Hi everyone.
Just to let you know that I've fixed the problem.
I went into msconfig & found that it was set on 'SELECTIVE STARTUP'.
Once I'd changed it back to 'NORMAL STARTUP' - then I could see the wireless network & log on.
It's now working fine & updating everything....
Many thanks everyone. Have a great week.

AppleFan
09-09-2013, 12:02 PM
Hey everyone I have tried to fix it byself rather than just throwing it away , I removed the battery on my first test and found there was a bit of dust in there , just a little , not too much , and than put it back on ,resetted the laptop , cause I looked online , so people said you will have to do this and reset . I then booted than laptop and it was peforming in my opinion "normal" ,though like I know it lasted about 2hrs on a full charge on heavy browsing , so when it came to 10 % left , it automically turned off. So did same thing removed and reset , now this time not sure what the result will be , but I doubt the battery is faulty , why is because a program by hp told me battery is ok , meaning no problems seen , so I think it is the background process/task that's the issue and heavy multitasking , noticed it using chrome . So yeah I think battery is ok , so my question to the last post by straka01 , is that the same issue regarding battery or what ??? if yes , shall I do that and see . thanks everyone

AppleFan
09-09-2013, 12:07 PM
hey is that the same battery issue or what (Straka01) , if yes can u suggest me if I should do that , thanks

Billy T
09-09-2013, 04:00 PM
hey is that the same battery issue or what (Straka01) , if yes can u suggest me if I should do that , thanks

Misplaced post in my opinion, so nothing to do with your problem. Dust isn't an issue either.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Nomad
09-09-2013, 05:47 PM
Rather than starting another thread. Somewhat related.

I got them online, they were Sanyo Industrial AAs without the fancy labels etc. 2800mah.
I don't remember if I had a single good use out of it ever. I got them in 2004 thinking I would use it for my camera and external flashes so I got 12x.
Occasionally when I travelled I got 2x in my Garmin GPS (hiking model) and it just went flat after 1hr or 2hr. It got charged up in the quick charger on the ferry.

I've done some tests.
The slower charger which charges at 200ma it tends to last longer. In a discman upon immediate use it may last 15hrs but leave it 10 days and it last 5hrs.
Compared to some NZ Energizers simialr age, even after 10 days they still lasted 16hrs.

So these 4x Sanyo AAs were freshly charged. I put it in the flash and turned it on 2x to check it was working, it was. Ready light was on.
The next day with my film camera I forgot to charge my other good set of rechargeables. I then took the batteries off my flash unit. And immediately it said half battery life and occasionally it said LOW.