PDA

View Full Version : After some good easy DVD ripping software

wratterus
30-08-2013, 09:04 AM
The idea is to be able to play back DVDs (owned by the person in question obviously) on their tablet.

They want to be able to put in a DVD, click 'this format', then 'Go' and have it rip to .MP4/.AVI etc for playback on an Android tablet.

Quite happy to pay for something good, seems hard to find one out there with so much adware infested rubbish to trawl though.

I used to use handbrake a bit for this, but seem to remember it being a bit complicated.

Any ideas? Thanks. :)

dugimodo
30-08-2013, 09:08 AM
Don't think I'm allowed to answer that ?

Speedy Gonzales
30-08-2013, 09:27 AM
Dont know if this does DVD. (http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/free-mp4-video-converter/) Havent installed it yet. But it's free. And so it says converts to MP4

You could also try this. (http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/hd-video-converter/)It was free in a giveaway. Dont know if it'll do DVD tho. But if you install it, I've got the free key. Which MAY or may not work now

Chilling_Silence
30-08-2013, 01:21 PM
Handbrake. 'nuff said. Its like a 2-click process :p

plod
30-08-2013, 01:32 PM
Handbrake. 'nuff said. Its like a 2-click process :p
Do you need VLC installed on the windows version?

dugimodo
30-08-2013, 01:46 PM
The windows version of handbrake has no ripping capabilities and hasn't for quite some time.

I PM'd my answer, pretty sure this discussion breaks the forum rules for two reasons;
1.It's not legal to rip DVD's in NZ even if you own them
2.Telling someone how to do it legally if that was possible is also explaining how to pirate DVD's

Shame on you Chill :p

Chilling_Silence
30-08-2013, 03:24 PM
I was in America when I posted it, does that count? ;)

30-08-2013, 04:14 PM
I was in America when I posted it, does that count? ;)

That makes it even worse !!!!! ....... for you. :p
They have some pretty draconian laws about breaking anti-piracy encryption & format changing

Expect to be fined 6 million Dollars, 200 years in year & have your **** chopped off , + extradition if youre back in NZ, in the que after dotcom
:thumbs:

wainuitech
30-08-2013, 04:18 PM
The windows version of handbrake has no ripping capabilities and hasn't for quite some time.

Errrrrrrrrrr yeah it does. ( unless you are mean copy protection)

They changed the output format though you only have a choice of MP4 or MKV.

Chilling_Silence
30-08-2013, 05:30 PM
Yeah coz the AVI container was severely broken, I believe they nuked support for it back in 0.93? Both MP4 and MKV are vastly superior formats for a variety of reasons, but yeah it made sense to drop the AVI container support.