PDA

View Full Version : System process thrashing drive

SolMiester
29-08-2013, 02:00 PM
Hi all, a friend has a HP SFF 6200 with IB i3 @ 3.3ghz, which is less than year old....and can be very slow at times....I have hunted around for rogue processes and apps, one of which took screen shots so you could check on staff...anyway even after remove that program a month or so ago, the PC HDD seemes to be busy most of the time so most actions are queued until the drive is ready....

I have found a hidden folder in system32 which I dont have on my PC...Ocular, which also has about a dozen folder underneath, one which is survdata, which screams to me something is still working in the background.....

Malwarebytes comes up with nothing and neither does Hijack This.....I am sorely tempted to cut the hidden folder and paste somewhere else and reboot, however before I do, thought might check with the A/V guys here....

SolMiester
29-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Ahha...knew it was something to do with that staff monitoring program.....it has to be removed from the pc with has the console rather than the agent otherwise the database keeps on running.....

wainuitech
29-08-2013, 02:22 PM
Ahha...knew it was something to do with that staff monitoring program.....it has to be removed from the pc with has the console rather than the agent otherwise the database keeps on running.....
Anything under msconfig / startup ? or services

I know sometimes they dont show in there for security reasons esp monitoring software.

SolMiester
29-08-2013, 04:53 PM
No WT, completely hidden start up via registry, no icons etc, probably to hide the fact the system is being monitored...they had a bad staff member and used this software..anyway, I have found the uninstall document so will get rid of it completely this time...it has to be done from the console on the master pc, you cant remove it from the pc with the agent on....