PDA

View Full Version : Asus VG248QE Monitor Help

spaceman8815
26-08-2013, 12:00 PM
Hi,

I recently bought an Asus VG248QE Monitor connected to my computer via a dual link DVI cable and found that it had a vertical white line down the left side of the screen (see: http://www.flickr.com/photos/spaceman8815/9591566396/) which only showed up at refresh rates of 100 Hz and above. The white line did not show up in a prtScn so I assumed it was a problem with the monitor. I then returned it for a replacement and soon found the the new monitor also has a light green line but this time on the right side going 1/3 the way up the screen (see: http://www.flickr.com/photos/spaceman8815/9591569858/). I have plugged the monitor into a different computer and still get this line in the same place, so I do not think it is my graphics card. The online shop that I bought this from examined the original monitor and did not find any line and so they are now saying that the problem must be with my computer. In both cases I am using the supplied dual link DVI cables, would a faulty cable cause this?

I was wondering if there is anyone who can tell me what would cause this problem and if it is a fault with the monitor itself? any help would be much appreciated.

Computer Specs:
GPU: Radeon HD 6870
CPU: Intel i5 760 2.8 GHz (over-clocked to 3.9 GHz) w/ Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
RAM: 8 GB (Kingston Hyper X, 4x 2 GB)
PSU: Corsair HX650 650W
Motherboard: ASUS P7P55D-E LX

pctek
26-08-2013, 12:05 PM
I recently bought an Asus VG248QE Monitor connected to my computer via a dual link DVI cable and found that it had a vertical white line down the left side of the screen
I then returned it for a replacement and soon found the the new monitor also has a light green line but this time on the right side . I have plugged the monitor into a different computer and still get this line in the same place. The online shop that I bought this from are now saying that the problem must be with my computer.

You have the bad luck to have 2 faulty monitors.
You have proved it isn't the PC by testing on another.

Take a photo and return the second one also.

inphinity
26-08-2013, 12:15 PM
You tried a different cable, presumably? If so, it seems the panel on both monitors is faulty. The chances of you getting two faulty ones is so incredibly low... I'd almost wonder if the store you got them from dropped their batch and damaged them or something heh.