PDA

View Full Version : Fabebook question.

Nomad
23-08-2013, 05:16 PM
When you write a post on your own wall and select the recipients. You can select custom and choose the people - this is private right meaning that each of the recipients cannot see the others. In the past you could just type out the recipients and each could see the others on the list. Is this still available?

pcuser42
23-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Are you talking about messaging or a simple post with custom privacy settings? :confused:

Nomad
23-08-2013, 05:36 PM
Are you talking about messaging or a simple post with custom privacy settings? :confused:

Meaning my status updates. In the past I could select the people and each person could see each other on that list. Still available? When I press the drop down box, I can only choose "only me", "public", "friends", "close friends" or my own groups I have set up. I seem unable to select Paul and James and Michael. I can use "Custom" but doesn't that prevent person A not seeing person B on the list.

Zippity
23-08-2013, 05:37 PM
Is anything "private" or "confidential" on Facebook??

Why do you think so many people hate this social forum? :(

Nomad
23-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Is anything "private" or "confidential" on Facebook??

Why do you think so many people hate this social forum? :(

Nope unless you mean my thoughts re: with a local hobby group or my holiday diary travel log. I'm wanting person A to see who else is on the list. So person A can see person B and C and D ... ... ...

pcuser42
23-08-2013, 06:26 PM
Meaning my status updates. In the past I could select the people and each person could see each other on that list. Still available? When I press the drop down box, I can only choose "only me", "public", "friends", "close friends" or my own groups I have set up. I seem unable to select Paul and James and Michael. I can use "Custom" but doesn't that prevent person A not seeing person B on the list.

If you want to share a status with certain people, and only those people, but you also want them to see who else can see it, you could tag them in the status as well.

Or just use messaging. :p

Nomad
23-08-2013, 06:50 PM
If you want to share a status with certain people, and only those people, but you also want them to see who else can see it, you could tag them in the status as well.

Or just use messaging. :p

If you tag them but won't all their friends see it on their FB page.

pcuser42
23-08-2013, 07:13 PM
Oh yeah, forgot about that... :p

Whenu
24-08-2013, 02:03 PM
Closed group?