PDA

View Full Version : Security Issues (Poll)

AppleFan
23-08-2013, 02:58 PM
Hey everyone , it looks like this site has grown , which is great to see . Now i thought to do a poll , on security issues relating to pc . I'm looking to find out what people has had to go through or knows someone who has been through security issue like viruses , unauthorized access to personal info which means being hacked online in accounts , banking , and big issue like spam/junkmail , scams and etc . And in comments ,if you want , tell how hard was it to go through it , what solutions were taken to solve it and any other things you want to tell . By the way the browser poll i found interesting , so i thought to put a poll on Security Issue . Lets see , how many people were affected by issue . Thanks

Speedy Gonzales
23-08-2013, 03:08 PM
Nup never been hacked here x fingers. Spam / junk email, no biggie, I'll just make a rule so I don't see it / it gets deleted. Scams only got one from some place, saying something about my Apple acct. That was simple. I dont have one. I deleted it.

Or if I get any I'll delete it. Even if someone hacked my online banking, whoever wouldn't leave the country with the money that's in there :lol:

Funny I haven't been called by any of these cold callers who say you're infected with something. Hmm wonder why :lol: I usually help people who have been hit with something like a virus or trojan, or similar. And if I can figure out how to remove it, I will

And most of the sites I log onto online have the wrong info in them anyway. I dont tell the world my personal info / details.

pcuser42
23-08-2013, 03:35 PM
I've had to clean out viruses on other people's computers before, that's always fun :nerd:

pctek
23-08-2013, 03:36 PM
Well I - and Wainuitech - could tick all those.......customers you know....

wainuitech
23-08-2013, 04:08 PM
Well I - and Wainuitech - could tick all those.......customers you know.... :D :D

:+1:

I didn't touch or click on anything - it just happened

:tui:

How many people when installing software,use the "recommend" option instead of advanced or custom, and actually look at what they are agreeing to when installing, --- Next, Next , Next, Next, Finish -----Ewwwwwww why did all those icons, toolbars and god knows what else suddenly appear ;)

wratterus
23-08-2013, 04:51 PM
Same here...I'll just vote for everything, no help at all to your poll though. :p

Chilling_Silence
23-08-2013, 05:19 PM
Yeah I don't understand what you're hoping to achieve out of this poll?

23-08-2013, 05:52 PM
Yeah I don't understand what you're hoping to achieve out of this poll?

Perhaps some anti-pc , pro Mac crusade ?
Just kiddin :p

But honestly, who on this earth doesnt "know someone" who had malware issues ??

I would have liked to see a poll options for:
--Ive personally never had a virus/malware infection in the last 5 years
--Ive had my bank a/c hacked & funds stolen
--Ive had my email a/c hacked

They would have been interesting options. Too late to add them ?? Shall I start another poll
:2cents:

Agent_24
23-08-2013, 08:16 PM
The poll seems phrased like a homework question to me

CYaBro
23-08-2013, 10:39 PM
I too could tick them all. :D

We again had a flurry of the NZ police warning ones come into the workshop.
The last one even took a snapshot of the user from the webcam and stuck it on the screen.
Was also a lot harder to remove, even an external scan with nod32 didn't fix it completely.

Lurking
25-08-2013, 01:35 PM
Someone in Eltham has just tried to hack my FaceBook account.

Asked to change my password and completed same.

Lurking.