PDA

View Full Version : Power Point Problem ..

SP8's
19-08-2013, 07:22 PM
Hi Peoples ...

I'm doing, or trying to do, a newsletter in PP. I've used it quite a few times over the last three months or so and it does what I tell it to do ... pretty quickly.

From last week it has had the handbake on ... takes forever to edit anything (text) i.e. around 30 seconds to edit two letters. Nothing has changed hardware wise but I have heard that there has been some crook updates issued ... like a silly bugger, I forgot to find out what they were before installing them.

Running i3 with 4GB RAM, XP all up to date with service packs etc. ( actually have 8GB installed because I'm updating to Win7 64 bit ), please note, this problem was happening before the additional RAM was installed and the problem seems limited to the PP in Office 2010, again, all up to date.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate some advice.

Cheers
SP8's

Jen
19-08-2013, 07:32 PM
Is this a new PP file or an existing file?

wainuitech
19-08-2013, 07:44 PM
Some people say they have had the same problem, and the cause was actually the printer driver, or the default printer was no longer available.

Try updating, or uninstalling then reinstalling your printer.

SP8's
20-08-2013, 10:27 AM
Hi Jen ... it's one I'm trying to edit / update.

Wainui ... not sure how the printer driver would be the cause, I've had the same printer for about two years and it's never given me a problem or slowed PP down before, but I'll give your suggestion a go anyway.

wainuitech
20-08-2013, 11:03 AM
Hi Jen ... it's one I'm trying to edit / update.

Wainui ... not sure how the printer driver would be the cause, I've had the same printer for about two years and it's never given me a problem or slowed PP down before, but I'll give your suggestion a go anyway. Only suggested it because many posts on other forums people had the same problem as described, and it was tracked down to printer drivers. May or may not be the case.

SP8's
20-08-2013, 11:41 AM
OK ... tried updating the driver, none ... uninstalled then reinstalled printer driver, no change ... uninstalled driver, took off all software associated with it and disconnected printer from computer, no change.

The stupid thing is, I can edit the first page without a problem ... it's pages 2 ~ 11 I'm having problems with. The presentation has to be ready tomorrow night and with it being so slow, I MAY get it finished by Wednesday week !!!

Might have to borrow my daughters' lappy to get it finished on time ... no biggy, but would like to try and find the reason why it's so slow.

wainuitech
20-08-2013, 12:09 PM
Some others say its the backgrounds, themes etc, but also found

http://ctrl-alt-p.blogspot.co.nz/2011/11/powerpoint-2010-is-slow-and-cannot-keep.html May or may not be of any use.

Jen
20-08-2013, 05:24 PM
What happens if you create a brand new powerpoint and enter text etc?