PDA

View Full Version : New Student Laptop

darkoverlord123
16-08-2013, 06:58 PM
Hey,

I need a laptop for a highschool student, for 3 years, about $300 (Give or take $50). I have found one for $320, which is Dual Core, C2D 2.4, and it has a decent screen, 4GB DDR3 RAM, and Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit, and I have Office 2003 at home.

My Laptop
(http://www.trademe.co.nz/computers/laptops/laptops/lenovo/auction-626495845.htm)

Anybody got any other ideas?

Greg
16-08-2013, 08:05 PM
Sounds good to me, specially if its still under warranty.

wainuitech
16-08-2013, 08:27 PM
Fully tested - guaranteed! That on its own doesn't exactly mean much - guaranteed for what ???

The warranty says one month, being ex lease thats expected.

darkoverlord123
16-08-2013, 09:04 PM
guaranteed for what ???

The warranty says one month, being ex lease thats expected. Guaranteed to be fully tested... And this laptop is fine for a next year year 11 student?

wainuitech
16-08-2013, 10:23 PM
Guaranteed to be fully tested... And this laptop is fine for a next year year 11 student? Being tested only means it passed any tests at the time.
I've tested laptops for customers, and a few months later something fails, yet they pass all tests at the time. Tests Don't mean its going to keep going for years.
Buying second hand is always a gamble, as you never know how much longer they will last, how it was treated previously etc. Some will work for years others wont - pot luck really.

This is why they only have a 1 month warranty.

Most ex lease are getting older and businesses replace them with newer models.

The general usage for school work should be fine depending on whats being done. Its not the most powerful, but its not bottom spec's either. If the budget is limited then unless lucky a more higher spec purchase wont be possible.