PDA

View Full Version : where is all my spam?

06-12-2001, 01:29 PM
Call this a frivolous posting if you will, but I've been online for six months and have yet to receive any spam[except from my ISP]...does nobody want to sell me stuff or what?

06-12-2001, 02:47 PM
Give us your email address, we will fix that for you!!!

06-12-2001, 03:56 PM
You need to get a life. Why would you want spam????

You poor mis-guided fool!

06-12-2001, 05:58 PM
hotmail and icq will fix that for you. i havn't received any spam in my email acc for two years (go paradise) but a family member has had over 50 in a month with their ihug acc without ever useing it! ! ! !

06-12-2001, 07:41 PM
Your *real* name is tweak'e ?

What forward thinking parents!!

If ya want spam - get a Hotmail account - my 10 year old son's recently set up Hotmail account gets 15 or so daily, grrrr.

On the other hand - our Paradise email never gets any :)

J

07-12-2001, 01:24 AM
I suspect tweak'e would be most distressed to be gratuitously slandered in such a fashion.Sadly,I am not the highly knowledgeable sage of whom you speak.In the six short months that I have spent on the great cyber learning-curve,I have learnt that if you don't protect your anonymity in forum,irate correspondents can trace you quite easily.Especially if you happen to be the only Winston Wombat-Hausen in the phone book.As to the suggestion that I get a life.....That's where I've been for the last ten hours.Thanks for sharing your thoughts on spam with me,I didn't realise that ISP's could block it.Is it possible that a small percentage of 'bona fide' e-mails also get filtered out?Tonight,my dear boss ,Mr B'stard, chucked his chips at me for failing to respond to one of his dreary tirades.......