PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Express disconnects

06-12-2001, 06:52 AM
I just did a re-install (phew) and all's gone well (mostly) but now when I
open OE, it downloads my Hotmail (default) and disconnects before receiving
my POP mail. If there is any ISP mail, it disconnects again after downloading.
I have all the relevant boxes un-checked not to disconnect but it still
happens. Any suggestions?
Roy Price

06-12-2001, 08:24 AM
Hi Roy,
I have also just done a reinstall after reformating, and I have got the exact same problem.... I get kicked of when I open Outlook express. I have looked at everything to see what is up, but it dosen't make any difference. I look forward to someone posting a remedy to this prob. Regards, RINGO

06-12-2001, 09:03 AM
Try removing the option for 'send & recieve messages at startup'.

From outlook express..Tools > Options > General. From here remove the tick from 'send & recieve messages at startup'. Now click ok.

Now when you want to recieve your email messages click on the send recive button. And this should recieve and send with out disconecting you.

Jess

06-12-2001, 09:07 AM
Sorry I can't help with your problem, but I'm just curious to know if you are the Roy Price who asked me how to do email voice? hope you got my reply, and have tried it.

06-12-2001, 11:52 AM
Hi Jess,

Thanks heaps, that has fixed the problem. I appreciate your help!

Regards, RINGO

06-12-2001, 11:57 AM
Hi Jan,
Yes, it's the same Roy Price.
I haven't followed up or even seen your reply - been in the middle of my first format/reinstall.
Still keen on finding out how. I can barely keep OE open right now!
Cheers - Roy

08-12-2001, 09:43 AM
Check the box in the dialup setings, ask me before disconnecting.then when prompted, check the box try to stay connected to dialup, or something very similar?.

08-12-2001, 10:33 AM
I'v chucked out outlook express, and installed a mail program called incredimail,choice, choice.

www.incredimail.com

its free,
Check it out
73s&51s
Clyde