PDA

View Full Version : E-Mail hosting for approx 20 staff

SolMiester
23-07-2013, 10:13 AM
Hi all, Im looking for a new service to host domain e-mail address and pass through to a 2003 SBS box for deliver of staff...
The current service is quite old and the spam system isnt up to par.

We are looking for about 20 users and a nice interface that they can login to if they need to release mail caught by spam etc..

Does anyone have any suggestions or experiences?

CYaBro
23-07-2013, 01:57 PM
A cheap and quick way, depending on how you feel about pop email delivery in SBS, is to create a gmail account and point all the domain email to that. Makes it a catch all mailbox basically.
Then setup a pop account on the SBS box to collect the email from there and deliver it to the staff.
Great spam filter and someone can log in and check the spam folder and release any legit emails that have been caught.

Another cheap option, with emails delivered by smtp using MX records, would be an Untangle box at the clients site.
Get an old PC, chuck in a 2nd network card, install Untangle, and stick it between the network and the internet connection and it's basically done.
Staff will get an email when anything is caught as spam and they get a link to click on that opens their spam box on the Untangle unit and they can check and release any legit emails from there.
This also has the advantage of being able to filter ads from websites, block websites and heaps of other features.

Erayd
23-07-2013, 03:54 PM
Google Apps - if I'm understanding correctly what you're wanting, their paid product can do exactly that, very well.

SolMiester
23-07-2013, 04:41 PM
Went with OpenHost in the end, they have webmail for the staff in case the SBS goes down etc....probably just keep using pop connector on SBS to collect and deliver for now until they upgrade the server software..God I hate e-mail and domain stuff...i get totally lost with this sh*te...

Alex B
23-07-2013, 07:45 PM
Would have thought Office 365 Outlook plan was a good fit for that.