PDA

View Full Version : DoNotTrackMe safe to use?

bk T
06-07-2013, 10:27 PM
Is DoNotTrackMe addon safe to use?

It works well to get rid of the ad on this forum and to show text in the first post.

Anyone has any issues using it?

linw
07-07-2013, 11:29 AM
Been using it for a while now with no (known!) issues.

CYaBro
07-07-2013, 01:34 PM
No problems here that I know of, using it in Chrome.
Not sure if it is available in other browsers.

Speedy Gonzales
07-07-2013, 02:03 PM
There's an addon for FF too, but tried it it doesnt block everything. So, went back to Adblock

Lawrence
07-07-2013, 07:30 PM
Just tried it on Pale Moon(FF) and get the same result as speedy as I use Ad-block Plus as well

DoNotTrackMe allows some ads to TM and pop-ups to some other web pages I tried but looks like it gets good reviews

rumpty
07-07-2013, 08:32 PM
There's an addon for FF too, but tried it it doesnt block everything. So, went back to Adblock

Speedy, does AdBlock on its own provide the function to stop one being tracked, as in DoNotTrackMe?

Speedy Gonzales
07-07-2013, 08:36 PM
Speedy, does AdBlock on its own provide the function to stop one being tracked, as in DoNotTrackMe?

Have no idea. I think it only blocks ads. But FF has a do not track option in it anyway. Under privacy options

rumpty
07-07-2013, 08:51 PM
Have no idea. I think it only blocks ads. But FF has a do not track option in it anyway. Under privacy options

Yes, that FF option should be more or less the same as DoNotTrackMe, I suppose. Thanks.

Chikara
11-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Yes, that FF option should be more or less the same as DoNotTrackMe, I suppose. Thanks.

Note that the Firefox setting (and indeed, many of these other Do Not Track Services) won't always work.
From the Mozilla support page itself, here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-do-i-turn-do-not-track-feature

"Honoring this setting is voluntary � individual websites are not required to respect it. Websites that do honor this setting should automatically stop tracking your behavior without any further action from you. "

12-07-2013, 10:42 AM
Try this plugin for FF, seems to do the job
http://www.ghostery.com/