PDA

View Full Version : DAP and Speedbit

JJJJJ
03-07-2013, 03:12 PM
I have installed DAP v10 as my download manager.
The problem with it is that in spite of unticking the appropriate boxes it always installs SPEEDbit as my default search engine and makes it the default home page. IE says it is the default browser, but it is greyed out. I can not find Speedbit on my computer. Seems it is hidden.
Any ideas on how to get rid of it?
Jack

pctek
03-07-2013, 03:31 PM
http://www.ehow.com/how_6753057_delete-speedbit-search.html

Then run Hijackthis to make sure.....

JJJJJ
04-07-2013, 10:20 AM
Thanks . Problem fixed.
Jack

dugimodo
04-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Why do you need a download manager in the first place?
Modern browser have that functionality mostly built in anyway, and I don't buy into the speed claims the managers make.

JJJJJ
04-07-2013, 04:04 PM
Why do you need a download manager in the first place?
Modern browser have that functionality mostly built in anyway, and I don't buy into the speed claims the managers make.
Can't agree with you. If your connection is lost you can pick it up again. And as for speed I find I can download almost twice as fast with DAP than with nothing.
My only complaint is that they all try to fit you with their toolbar or something.

dugimodo
04-07-2013, 04:53 PM
Can't agree with you. If your connection is lost you can pick it up again. And as for speed I find I can download almost twice as fast with DAP than with nothing.
My only complaint is that they all try to fit you with their toolbar or something.

Well your choice, but IE9, 10, and FF all support resuming interrupted downloads, chrome probably does as well but I can't confirm that one. As for speed, I don't have issues with it or download enough to worry about it. Maybe if you regularly download large files from websites you may have a point, I don't do that. I find most downloads I do achieve a few hundred MB/s D/L speeds and complete fairly quickly. In order for the DL managers to get more speed the files in question need to be available from more than one source, not always the case.

Anyway if you like it, great. Personally I can't be bothered with them.