PDA

View Full Version : Need help to remove IE5

05-12-2001, 02:14 AM
How can you totally remove all the Internet Explorer 5 stuff off you Windows 98 se?
I tried fixing it up with a fix tools that come with win 98 but no luck.

Can it be done? Does anyone have an idiot proof methodology?

05-12-2001, 08:25 AM
Eric

You may notice I have 'toned down' your posting. I suspect answers to your question would have been less than helpful if it had stayed in its original form.

Robo.

05-12-2001, 09:10 AM
Oh...Go on Rob

Let us see the un-cut version.

Spoilsport :-)

05-12-2001, 12:13 PM
...Microsoft has integrated Internet Explorer with Windows 98SE and it cannot be 'totally' removed.

Even so called 'extractors' and 'strippers' leave vestiges of Internet Explorer.

The simple answer to your question?

Reformat your Hard Drive and don't use Microsoft Operating Systems again.

Alternatively, try using 'IEradicator' .

Normally i would *not* recommend this utility to anyone but - after reading between the lines of Robo's editing note - you sound a likely candidate for its use.

Good Luck!!!

e_

http:\\[url]www.98lite.net

05-12-2001, 12:59 PM
Isn't that a bit nast-e_?

But I agree, unstitching it is practically impossible, like that posting about getting outlook express to use Opera.

Personally, I can't see the point in fighting. It's easier to go with the flow and use what everyone else uses and what everyone supports.

Baaaaaaa

Not like me, but life is too short. Fight the ones you can win, I say.

Robo.

05-12-2001, 10:16 PM
OK Thanks Rob.

That posting (just like this one) was written in Star Office 5.2 (sometimes I use Outlook Express, but the spell checker is not so good) before going on Internet and then, going on line using copy and paste into your web site form.

I am confused why you should edit my posting, I must have been sleep posting? Sometimes I save my work but did not do it this time. Sometimes I came back to my saved work the next day and find words missing or words have changed spelling.

Just as well I did not have time to put in my surname before going to bed