PDA

View Full Version : Suddenly No Internet Browsers

GrahamB
29-06-2013, 11:19 PM
I am writing this on an old (very old!) laptop because I have suddenly lost all browsers on my PC. I was using IE8 and FireFox, and suddenly each of them will only stay open lomg enough to say that it has aproblem.

I have gained access to IE8 files and deleted most and changed the Folder name then reinstalled it off PC&Tech Disc (No PC World Discs any more!). I deleted Firefox and reinstalled it, but no change to the reponse. I loaded Google Chrome and got the same response. In loading IE9 off the PC&Tech Disc the only folder it loaded for IE9 was the SIGNUP folder.

I cannot actually run the Disc as an App, so can only try to run tghe exe files on the disc, but nothing is working.

The computer Processor is an AMD Athlon II X2 260 @3.2GHz running Windows 7 Pro at 32-Bit. RAM is 4.00 GB (3.75 GB Usable).

The problem is not just an internet connection issue. My eCl;ient runs my emails OK, and my MT$ program is doing itts Forex 'thing' OK, and I can access a printer through mu HomeOffice WiFi network via a second computer.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

TFYH
GrahamB

zqwerty
29-06-2013, 11:28 PM
Try Portable Firefox from here, put it in a folder on your desktop so all you have to do is delete the folder when you no longer require it:

http://portableapps.com/news/2013-06-25--firefox-portable-22.0-released

Speedy Gonzales
29-06-2013, 11:36 PM
Did someone install toolbars for either browser? Might have malware on the system somewhere. If its got a virus scanner on it scan the hdd. Boot into safe mode / networking. See if it can get online.

pctek
30-06-2013, 05:37 PM
I have gained access to IE8 files and deleted most and changed the Folder name then reinstalled it I deleted Firefox and reinstalled it, but no change to the reponse.
That won't remove them properly.

I'd be checking for Malware first.

Spybot - Superantispyware, and run Hijackthis and post the log also.