PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use TUC with Snap?

wratterus
26-06-2013, 10:01 AM
If I put the details I can log into the Snap usage portal with into TUC, it gives an authentication error. Anyone experienced this before?

Nomad
26-06-2013, 10:53 AM
I use it but like other isps it has issues at times saving the login automatically for next time. If i sign in manually for snap it does work.

decibel
26-06-2013, 12:13 PM
I'm using v1.88 on Snap and it works fine. If using it from home, I don't need a password, but do if I'm checking usage from work.

Alex B
26-06-2013, 12:40 PM
http://www.snap.net.nz/support/content/2/45/en/how-can-i-check-my-data-usage.html

I'd say it works, they recommend it there, they do a chrome app also.

wratterus
26-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Thanks guys - and good spotting Alex!

Mine won't do anything without the username and password, but if I enter what I know are the correct broadband username and password it won't login. We did migrate this connection over from another ISP after they were bought out by snap, so as a consequence our username isn't a normal xx@snap.net.nz one, possibly this could be the issue.

Agent_24
26-06-2013, 01:31 PM
I use it but like other isps it has issues at times saving the login automatically for next time. If i sign in manually for snap it does work.

Odd. I've been using it for years on various machines and never had my password get lost. Perhaps you have some file permissions issue or something?

Nomad
26-06-2013, 01:38 PM
It's like that when you first try to configure it. There's been others from my google search. I found that I had to right click and open the data directory, delete the configuration files, reinsert the login details and do this with a series reboots / restart of the application then when it does save it, it does save it.

Same issue when I went from Orcon to Telstraclear (ADSL) and now onto Snap (Fiber).

decibel
26-06-2013, 07:44 PM
our username isn't a normal xx@snap.net.nz one, possibly this could be the issue.

When using TUC with Snap, the user name is just xx

wratterus
27-06-2013, 10:06 AM
When using TUC with Snap, the user name is just xx

Thanks - I have tried just the first part of our usename, same issue. Waiting for a reply from Snap.

wratterus
27-06-2013, 10:30 AM
Just a quick FYI - I've tried another Snap username and that works fine, so it's definitely something with our username.