PDA

View Full Version : New laptop battery

johnd
24-06-2013, 09:02 PM
HI

A question on behalf of somebody else- they are wanting to purhase a new battery for their laptop.

It would seem that none of the on-line retail outlets have a stock and they are all sent directly to the customer from overseas.

Apparently there is a problem with the battery packaging and there can be a difficulty in getting it into the country?

What experience are others having with this?

Can anyone recommend a web site to purchase from?

Thanks

John

plod
24-06-2013, 09:12 PM
Have alook here, myself and a couple of others here have used them.
http://www.laptopbattery.co.nz/

johnd
24-06-2013, 09:19 PM
... with no problems getting the batteries into the country? They probably don't hold their own stock to they?

wainuitech
24-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Whats the model of Laptop / Battery ? - there are several places that can get them, they may have to get them from outside NZ but thats no big deal ( sometimes its overnight)

plod
24-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Well as far as I know they do. When you search it should tell you if its in stock

johnd
24-06-2013, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the responses. The problem is not with finding the battery - can do. The person has already tried with one company - not sure which one - there was no indication that the battery was coming from overseas and it was stopped from coming into the country (something to do with packaging). She had to get her money back. She is wanting to avoid this happening again.

wainuitech
24-06-2013, 10:45 PM
Sometimes that happens when a person goes to online stores that claim to have every part known to man kind ;) , and they deal with parallel imports or cheap third party products. You'll find the genuine importers dont have the problems, they may cost a few $$ more but never a problem.

Example: Had to get a new genuine Toshiba power pack for a Laptop, it arrived basically overnight from Aussie.

johnd
24-06-2013, 10:50 PM
OK - so should have no problems with http://www.laptopbattery.co.nz/ ?

Driftwood
24-06-2013, 10:59 PM
They are good to deal with.
I have bought several items from them.