PDA

View Full Version : Music to home theatre by Bluetooth?

Vince
23-06-2013, 05:04 PM
My new computer has the sound chipset on the motherboard. It is a custom made computer-no user manual. no obvious 'Audio out' terminal, aside from the 3.5 mm earphone socket.

Can I use a USB Bluetooth dongle to to send sound to my home theater system? How?

Home theater has Bluetooth connecter.

Alex B
23-06-2013, 05:46 PM
You probably can but Bluetooth sound quality sucks IME. If you're using it just for music then i'd either run a cable or buy something like an airport express/apple tv if just for music.

Vince
23-06-2013, 05:56 PM
You probably can but Bluetooth sound quality sucks IME. If you're using it just for music then i'd either run a cable or buy something like an airport express/apple tv if just for music.

The problem with cable is about 7-8 meters, or strait across the middle of the room!

Speedy Gonzales
23-06-2013, 06:08 PM
Whats the brand/model of this HT system?

Vince
23-06-2013, 06:59 PM
Pioneer VSK-820-K

The Error Guy
23-06-2013, 07:04 PM
If you can pair your phone with it and play music to the HT then you can do what you're asking with a dongle. Absolutely easy. The BT Audio out will appear in your sound output devices just like any other audio device :)

The only reason that might NOT work is if the said bluetooth on the HT system doesn't support audio streaming, and is there for a data connection (like a digital remote) BUT I highly doubt that's the case. If they put a BT reciever in they probably have added audio support. Test with a smartphone to check before buying the USB reciever.

Speedy Gonzales
23-06-2013, 07:19 PM
Looks like the BT device / whatever you get needs to support these (http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/archive/AS-BT100/page.html)

So I would say you cant get anything. Since I dont think all BT adapters support them. Something like this supports both (http://www.parrot.net.nz/dongle.html)

sk69ersnz
23-06-2013, 08:41 PM
Can you run a cable under the floor?