PDA

View Full Version : Netflix on PS3

lakewoodlady
21-06-2013, 01:30 PM
Anyone been able to stream movies from Netflix on PS3 ?
I have just changed my router dns settings to the ones for Slingshot Global Mode. However, I can't get PS3 to play movies as it says it needs an app to do it.

If anyone has successfully done it I would like to know how.
Thanks, LL

Speedy Gonzales
21-06-2013, 01:53 PM
Looks like you need a US acct first. Since its US based. And a VPN program / account

Alex B
21-06-2013, 01:55 PM
You don't need VPN, that's the whole point of global mode.

I'd be interested to hear if you get it working on PS3. I created an US iTunes account and am using my Apple TV. I have a 2013 LG Smart TV, but looks like it needs to be flashed to US firmware before I can get Netflix/Hulu on that. Other option is to buy a Roku 3 box from the states.

BTW, go to hulu.com and make sure you can watch content, just as a check to make sure global mode is working.

Gedc
21-06-2013, 02:14 PM
You'll still need to create a USA playstation account so you can get access to download the Netflix App onto your NZ PS3 otherwise the PS3 doesn't speak to Netflix. If you check the available apps while logged into Playstation NZ, they are few and far between. There are pages of apps on the US store. You will need a physical address location in the USA to create a USA account. Google how to get one or use NZ post website who will happilly create a very legit mailing address for you in the states (for parcel forwarding).

Download the netflix app onto your PS3, install etc. You can reset your account back to NZ after this. The next issue is Netflix checking your location so Unblock-us is an option, as is VPN and hopefully the new slingshot global mode.

Let us know how it goes.

lakewoodlady
21-06-2013, 02:32 PM
Hi, yes I do already have a US account, as I was using a vpn before. I am now able to just log straight into Neflix on my pc without having to go through vpn and that works fine with the Slingshot dns Global mode.
I have been able to sign into my account in Netflix on the PS3 ok, but when I want to stream a movie, either nothing happens, or a message appears telling me that I don't have the correct platform specs. Son thinks maybe that it's because the ps is in his nz account on the sony network.

If it cannot be done, well it doesn't matter, but I just wanted to give it a go.

Cheers, LL

lakewoodlady
21-06-2013, 04:24 PM
Thanks for that Gedc!
I will have a think about it and post back if I do it.

LL