PDA

View Full Version : Part IV Things get better and better!

04-12-2001, 08:56 PM
Well, I got the results from my dead hard drive from Computer Forensics.(recapping, it would spin up but did nothing else except make intermittent crunching noises, wouldn't work in original or another computer).

I have now got two CDs with the complete contents of the drive intact, all directories, all files, everything including a full Ghost image of my C drive that was resident on the disk.

Disk went in Friday morning, and was completed Monday afternoon.

Magic! Cost was not cheap but in terms of my lost working time to recreate lost data and all that drama that goes with it it was a good deal. Cost me a grand but as a business expense it was worth every cent of that.

I would have easily wasted twice that amount trying to reconstruct the missing information.

So, the message is, do your backups faithfully every day and you can avoid this sort of problem but if it all turns to custard, there is hope even when the drive is dead, going stiff and starting to smell!!

Probably would have been somewhat cheaper if the drive had been mechanically and electronically OK and just suffering from malicious deletion or major virus destruction but there you are!

Computer Forensics deliver!

Billy 8-{)))))

04-12-2001, 09:09 PM
$1000!!! Good God!

How do i get into that business?

04-12-2001, 09:15 PM
Ouch, Billy!! Glad to hear that it didn't all go down the drain, although I bet it's a pretty painful lesson you won't be forgetting in a hurry!

Yeah John, how do we get into that kind of business?!