PDA

View Full Version : Loading early Photoshop Elements into Windows 8.

Win
20-06-2013, 10:08 PM
I've just made the move from Windows XP into Windows 8 on a new computer. New computer is a Samsung Ultrabook. 4g RAM, 500 HDD. Everything shifted ok except for my photos. My photos were in Elements 4 which is pretty old and obviously Win 8 doesn't support it. The photos appear on the Samsung in dozens of folders but the Adobe programme is empty. All my Tags are gone as is the first two years of photos that are marked with the dreaded "missing file" notice. I know what that means so based on previous experience I've kissed them goodbye. Local IT guys can't sort it. Should I put a new version of Elements on the Samsung and try again or should I install it on the old computer first? I no longer need the complexity of Photoshop. Is there a simpler programme out there that might sort this but still have basic editing and tags etc.
Thanks, Win.

Speedy Gonzales
20-06-2013, 11:13 PM
Irfanview and Gimp are free. There are also free apps if you go to the store. What happens when you try to install PS Elements??

Scubadoo
21-06-2013, 07:26 AM
If you are quick you could try Zoner Photo Studio 15.
Very much an Adobe Lightroom look alike. Works perfectly for me in Windows 8 x64.

You have 12 hours left to download and install.

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/zoner-photo-studio-15-home