PDA

View Full Version : SONY Camera -> Computer

bk T
14-06-2013, 11:33 AM
SONY SDM-N50 camera

I can't view the photos from my PC - it's connected via USB cable. Even with the SD card removed and plugged into my PC, the computer detected the card but still couldn't see any contents in it!

What's wrong? I could view all the photos from the camera itself and from the TV when it is connected to the TV.

Could someone please enlighten me, please.

Speedy Gonzales
14-06-2013, 11:47 AM
What version of windows is it? And how many GB is the card?? If the computer (if you've got a card reader - if it doesnt support SDHC cards, and if the SD card is SDHC), you'll have to buy a card reader that supports SDHC

bk T
14-06-2013, 12:03 PM
Tried on Win7 (Laptop) & Win8 machines with card reader. It's a 1GB Lexar memory stick PRODuo. How do I know whether the card is SDHC or something else?

Speedy Gonzales
14-06-2013, 12:11 PM
It'll say SDHC on the card itself, like these cards (http://search.dicksmith.co.nz/search#w=sdhc). Altho if it's 1 GB it may not be SDHC. I think SDHC are usually above 4 GB

Only thing is the card reader doesnt support it

tmrafi
14-06-2013, 03:29 PM
The model you have mentioned is a monitor, SDM is Sony Display Monitor. Cameras usually have a DSC in the model name.
Anyway you may need Sony Picture Motion Browser software to read the camera on the PC. It is available from Sony Website (http://www.sony.co.nz/support/download/1237143)

bk T
14-06-2013, 05:27 PM
Printed on the camera: DSC-T5 but there's no such model at Sony's site. Theres also see a big N50 printed on it.

Edit: Googled and found this model; will download the driver/software and see how it goes.

dugimodo
14-06-2013, 05:30 PM
Some manufacturers use proprietary software and formatting and may only work with their own software as tmrafi linked. You know it's all working because you can view the photos so it's likely something like that. In some cases you can reformat the drive in a PC and that will force it to work, if the camera still recognises it.

I have a fujitsu camera and luckily that just works as you'd expect it to.

Agent_24
14-06-2013, 06:45 PM
My Canon writes JPGs to a normal FAT formatted SD-Card.

No weird proprietary crap.