PDA

View Full Version : Drag and drop video files into iTunes on a Mac

Aporosa
13-06-2013, 11:14 AM
My wife has a Mac which I dont really no how to use as im a ps fala.

She wants to drag and drop video (.mov) into her iTunes so she can sync with her iPad. She is currently having to use her cloud to transfer between Mac and iPad and this is using up heaps of data.

Is there an easy way to do this? I tried looking on youtube but no sucess.

Looking for an EASY fool proof way to do this please. Cheers, A

psycik
13-06-2013, 12:20 PM
if it's supported by itunes (and I thought .mov was) you should just be able to drag it to itunes.
Then connect the ipad, and sync it.

Failing that File menu, add file to library.

Aporosa
13-06-2013, 06:51 PM
psycik - oh, if only it was that simple... this is Apple, they refuse to allow things to be *simple*...:yuck:

psycik
13-06-2013, 09:08 PM
So I just added a .mov file to itunes. It did happen to be a file recorded off the iphone camera.

I do know that even with m4v files, there are certain bitrates and resolutions that it wont accept.

Aporosa
16-06-2013, 10:22 AM
I have posted a number of threads on here and most generate plenty of responses. I note that more than 100 have viewed this post with only one response.

I'm trying to interpret this? It seems such a simple request - please tell me how (my wife) can put movies into iTunes so she can then sync them with her iPad (without using her iCloud)?

Is this not possible? Maybe this is why I personally use a pc with android tablet.

Cheers

plod
16-06-2013, 10:41 AM
Drag the video file into the movie tab within iTunes, or go file>import to library. Now to get the file onto the iPad you can either wireless sync or sync via cable. iTunes does provide a very good help section. If this fails and the movie is not the correct format download smart converter http://www.shedworx.com/smartconverter. This will only change what needs to change, so a conversion might only take 30 seconds, it will even add it to your iTunes library.

psycik
16-06-2013, 11:51 AM
I answerved you twice. Once with the steps I took to import a .mov file into my iTunes.

With no reply from you I might add.

I'm not sure what else you want from any one.