PDA

View Full Version : jpeg to PDF

lostsoul62
13-06-2013, 09:20 AM
Does anyone know where I can get a jpeg to PDF converted without downloading other garbage software? I'm trying to convert my jpegs into Word so I can send them throw the Internet without overflowing some ones email

Speedy Gonzales
13-06-2013, 09:36 AM
Insert it into word then save it as a pdf file

pcuser42
13-06-2013, 10:47 AM
Here http://www.convert-jpg-to-pdf.net/

beama
13-06-2013, 10:54 AM
there a flaw in your logic I'm afraid Jpg is a compressed format, puting them into word will give a big file (just because of how word handles images) unless you use words ability to compress images even further BEFORE making the pdf

Oxie
13-06-2013, 11:08 AM
there a flaw in your logic I'm afraid Jpg is a compressed format, puting them into word will give a big file (just because of how word handles images) unless you use words ability to compress images even further BEFORE making the pdf

If it is the size of the jpeg that is the problem you could go here - http://www.shrinkpictures.com/
I have not used the site but you upload the photo and it shrinks the size of the file.

Oxie (Lyn)

Agent_24
13-06-2013, 12:06 PM
Is it text you want to OCR?

Greg
13-06-2013, 12:20 PM
Can't see why he can't just zip the files and send it as a folder/s.

linw
13-06-2013, 03:42 PM
He's trying to reduce the size and zipping already compressed jpg files doesn't help much.

dugimodo
13-06-2013, 05:10 PM
There are print to PDF drivers around that work as virtual printer and will convert anything. I don't know of any good free ones but google might.

And yeah zipping jpg files makes them bigger....
Image compression formats exist for a reason.

Billy T
13-06-2013, 09:58 PM
I use Bullzip to print images to PDF (free and excellent) but I'm confused by this:
I'm trying to convert my jpegs into Word

Do you want the images as JPGs in Word or as a PDF?

I resize and resample JPGs in Irfanview, then copy and paste the images into Word. Sometimes I pass them through Publisher first to put borders on them, but the long and the short of it is that the file size is much reduced.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

linw
13-06-2013, 11:00 PM
Of course, file size should be tied to what the recipient wants to do with the photos. If they are just for viewing on a screen, small sizes are OK but if they are for editing/cropping etc, then they must stay as larger sizes.

Easiest answer for file size reduction is to manage your photos with Picasa and get it to email the files. Picasa will automatically resize the email attachments.