PDA

View Full Version : Damn Verification Code things!

SanChippy
12-06-2013, 07:43 PM
So I tried to get the settings for my new phone from here: http://www.2degreesmobile.co.nz/settings
BUT each time I get to the verification part it says I am wrong (Those muddled numbers and text that computers don't recognise, like captcha)

See above, it says that it is not working. I guarantee you that when I click Send that it will still be wrong.
How can this be happening? This is the easiest Captcha that I have ever seen, 9333, where it is so recognizable.
I've tried putting spaces in between the numbers, typing the numbers in text, etc. Haven't tried Roman Numerals ;)
Or
Is there some way to fix this?

2Degrees is being such an inconvenience right now. I don't know hard hard it is to confirm if the code is right or wrong or not.

feersumendjinn
12-06-2013, 08:56 PM
Maybe the first character is a g
:)

Nick G
12-06-2013, 09:10 PM
g333, not 9333.

No spaces or capitals needed. :)

linw
12-06-2013, 09:20 PM
I hate those things, too!! Often need to get a couple of retries before I can work out what it is.

SanChippy
19-06-2013, 12:34 AM
OMG, still not working, I tried to use letters as mentioned by Nick, and feersumendjinn, but it is still not working. :illogical
Let's keep trying...

zqwerty
19-06-2013, 02:36 AM
Write the solution you believe is correct into Notepad, then copy and paste it into the textarea.

Make sure you have no extra spaces either side of the word and the correct cases.

Driftwood
19-06-2013, 09:51 AM
Yes, I had a similar problem with a password that had been emailed to me.
Typing it in wouldn't work.
But copy & paste did, yet it looked identical.

paulw
19-06-2013, 01:50 PM
The example above is minor compared to some I've struck . I just give up and don't buy/subscribe or what ever..

Agent_24
19-06-2013, 02:40 PM
Try a different web browser or temporarily disable adblock and similar extensions.

Sometimes with some extensions the pages can get confused and the image you see is not the image the server thinks you're seeing, thus the answer you give is never correct.

SanChippy
19-06-2013, 09:25 PM
Try a different web browser or temporarily disable adblock and similar extensions.

Sometimes with some extensions the pages can get confused and the image you see is not the image the server thinks you're seeing, thus the answer you give is never correct.

Hah! For once Internet Explorer is good for something! (Took a while to find it though, and I somehow downgraded it to IE7...)
Thanks for that it worked like a charm. I think it was my ad-blocker in Chrome doing what you had said can sometimes happen. Will have to review which one I use now, or use none at all ^^